Transforming Solution Focused Dialogues
Dialogic Orientation Quadrants
(DOQ) at Work
May 16-17, 2022 in Malmö
Despite its prestigious title, the Dialogic Orientation Quadrant is a simple tool (heuristic) for studying interactions that you can use for learning, researching, and sharing your practice. The DOQ makes what happens in our coaching and therapy conversations visible as we can review it bit by bit or sentence by sentence.
By recording, transcribing and thoroughly analyzing our own – real or alternative – (coaching/therapy) conversations, we become observers of our work and experts in observation at the same time. We might understand how the things we usually refer to as “gut feeling”, “magic” or “the art of coaching/therapy” work in a dialogue setting. We might observe what we actually do to create and maintain these magical moments and process of co-construction – in every second of the conversation.
In this highly interactive workshop,
we will take a deeper look at how dialogue works so that you can use the following resources immediately in your personal life and professional practice:
- Establishing an individual baseline for learning Solution Focused Dialogue
- Using video data for mentoring (including peer-mentoring) and self-study
- Understanding various tools of co-construction and the functions of the practitioner’s moment-by-moment contribution
- Applying the Dialogic Orientation Quadrant (DOQ) to map the content, movements, revisions, and functions
- Recording video sessions optimized for self-review and research
The workshop will be useful for you, if you are:
- a (highly) experienced coach or therapist who wants to gain new perspectives and be more conscious about how you create value for your clients
- a (near) beginner coach/therapist who wishes to see a model you might easily use even in difficult situations
- so eager and can’t wait to be your own observer or watch what your clients see and hear when you are working
- interested in gaining practical knowledge with the process of microanalysis of face-to-face dialogue
- a trainer of coaches who would like refresh yourself and your methodological toolkit to help your learners more effectively
Notes: This session requires you to bring a recording device (e.g. devices with a built-in camera and mic such as your smartphones or tablets, or a video camera) and a headset for you to use when transcribing.
My life is “full of pleasant surprises” meeting many practitioners, searchers and researchers, and some skeptics with good questions that provoke meaningful dialogues. I deeply care about how we use dialogue to shape our everyday whether at work or at home, and I believe that changing private and public dialogues start with a small difference in how we use ordinary words. As a form of a purposeful dialogue, I take joy in introducing coaching in executive education so that leaders can engage in life-giving dialogues at work first by experiencing transformative learning in themselves.
Harry Korman says about Haesun and this workshop:
This is a repeat (which actually never happens with Haesun) of the workshop we had in Oct -2021 in Malmö. We were 30 people and I can’t remember that the applause and standing ovations had ever been louder and more persistent. Briefly – this was an amazing experience both for the very experienced practitioners and the beginners who were present.
I attended two days with Haesun in Budapest late 2019. It was one of – or perhaps even – the most interesting and inspiring workshops I’ve been to for the last 30 years. Haesun’s practical application of the research on face-to-face dialogue – the DOQ – is an extraordinary useful tool for anyone working with people, be it a practitioner who wants to get better at what he/she does or a trainer or supervisor who wants to get better at that.
If you’re only attending one workshop this decade – go to this one.
A collaboration SIKT and
Solution Surfers Denmark
Where: The venue is Kockums Fritid, Västra Varvsgatan 8, Malmö
When: May 16-17, 2022. 9.00-16.00
Cost: 4000 SEK + VAT 25%
Sign up: Please sign up on our ”anmälningssida” – click on the link here